What is the nameplate of the transformer? What are the main technical data on the nameplate?
The nameplate of the transformer indicates the performance, technical specifications and application occasions of the transformer, which is used to meet the user's selection. The main technical data for selection are:
(1) KVA of rated capacity. That is, the output capacity of the transformer under rated condition. For example, rated capacity of single-phase transformer=U line × I line; Three phase transformer capacity=U line × Line I.
(2) Rated voltage volts. Indicate the terminal voltage of the primary coil and the terminal voltage of the secondary coil (when not connected to the load). Note that the terminal voltage of three-phase transformer refers to the line voltage U line value.
(3) Amperage rating. It refers to the allowable line current I line value of primary coil and secondary coil under rated capacity and allowable temperature rise.
(4) Voltage ratio. It refers to the ratio of rated voltage of primary coil to rated voltage of secondary coil.
(5) Wiring mode. Single phase transformer has only one set of coils for high and low voltage, which is only used for single phase. Three phase transformer has Y/△ type. In addition to the above technical data, there are also the rated frequency, phase number, temperature rise, impedance percentage of the transformer, etc.